WHOAH! It’s already mid 2022 – Goal Setting using a “Wheel of Life”
Happy Tuesday, sweet love!
Hard to believe the first time I wrote this blog post it was coming up on the year 2018 and there were so many shifts happening in and around me then… too! HA!
The only thing constant is change, yeah?
In only a few weeks I am going to be celebrating my 5 year anniversary as a solo-preneur.
I am not going to lie, every week since I started this dream life of running my own business, I have considered shutting it all down. #notforthefaintofheart
Every emotion has been touched while building this business and the things you don’t know about the whole wild west of running your own (coaching) business is at best hysterically funny and at worst extremely dark.
However, if I had the luxury of hindsight, would I do it all again?
Well, hell yesssss I would! This is MY dream and I am not doing it because someone is forcing me to do it. I do this because I DECIDE and CHOOSE how I want my own life to look and how I want to spend my days (hint, hint, so can you).
I am nearly 55 folks, there ain’t no time to be a wastin’! Ya’ getting me?
So back to you. Self evaluation and reflection are one of the best (free) tools we can give ourselves and we never even have to leave the privacy of our own homes. Now that’s what I’m talking about!
Pro tips: Grab a cuppa something delicious, grab your favourite journal, some lovely gel pens. Find a private spot where you will not be disturbed. Make sure to set the mood. This is a ‘holy’, powerful time and a sacred space. It’s for YOU, my dear. Only for you.
Light your favourite candle, put your hand on your heart. Calm your central nervous system with 5 triangle breaths (breathe in for 5, hold for 5, out for 5) then say a few mantras to get yourself in the mental space for SEEING what it is you want to MANIFEST in your life.
(See below in my P.S. for an article on just this topic).
Now… it is time. Time for you to spend 30 minutes on dream-scaping (my favourite thing to do).
This exercise starts with reflecting on your “Wheel of Life” then moving into setting specific goals for yourself.
Too many people say to me that of course they understand how important it is to set goals for themselves. My next question to them is always, do you have them written down?
Maybe you don’t know where to start. Here are some thoughts for you.
Think about a “Wheel of Life” and write down all 7 of these spokes of life’s wheel. There are several “Wheels of Life” you can use and I opted for a combination of a few that I have seen over the years.
- Love and relationships: How are you feeling in your intimate relationships and the overall quality of these relationships? How do you feel as it pertains to YOURSELF? Self love?
- Health and Aliveness: How happy are you with your overall physical health and how you choose to take care of yourself? Are you an active participant or an “innocent bystander”?
- Mind and Meaning: How clear are you in your thoughts and what role you want to have in your family, community? How do you spend your free time?
- Productivity and Performance: Do you set focused goals for YOURSELF and know what you want in life or does your life control you? Are you a productive person and do you perform consistently or is your performance wishy washy at best?
- Leadership and Impact: How big of a role do you take in leading others and how big of an impact do you make in your world?
- Career and Business: Are you happy? How do you spend your days? Do you feel like you make a difference? If not, what are you doing about it?
- Wealth and Lifestyle: How do you take care of maintaining your personal economy? Do you pay attention to your spending? Do you know what you have coming in and out of your accounts every month? Do you know exactly what your family has to work with or are you giving that power up to someone else to “handle” for you? Is your lifestyle within or outside of your means? How do you want to live your life as it pertains to your economic status and what can you do to achieve that?
Next write how you feel your life currently feels in each of these categories by ranking them from 0-10 (0 being “I am out of control” and 10 being “on top of the world”).
If the wheel has any one (or two or three, etc) spokes that appear to be off kilter then you know those are areas of opportunity for you to spend some time doing a deeper dive.
Reflect on what is not feeling or working for you right now and how you want it to look. Reflect also on what IS working great. Its important to remember our accomplishments and gifts as well!
What specific tangible steps can you make to get where you want to be? This is where your GOAL SETTING comes in. Get it? 🙂
This is also where me as a Life Coach comes in. If you do this exercise and feel like you need to have a discussion around this “Life Wheel” of yours then it certainly makes the conversation flow easier if you complete an exercise like this first.
If this is an something you have never done before then remember this: How do you eat an elephant??? One bite at a time.
Let this be a starting point for you. Progress not perfection and reach out if you need help. I would love to hear from you.
Where to connect with me:
Facebook business: Asa Nilsson Life Coach
Instagram: Asa Nilsson Life Coach
Don’t forget to please share this Blog post with your friends and family.
We are not in this alone. Never, ever.
Good luck and let me know how I can be of service to you and your loved ones.
P.S. Here’s is the article I referenced above for the Manifestation Mantras. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. https://www.alittlesparkofjoy.com/manifestation-mantras/